The purpose of the Operations Department is to provide
a safe, clean, and pleasant environment that will support, stimulate, and enhance the educational process.
This is being accomplished by:
- The establishment of standards of care for our students, faculty, and staff.
- Responsive services for safety and security.
- Revisions of operations quality control and assurance checks.
- The development and refinement of systems supports.
- Ongoing professional development to meet or exceed our standards of care.
- A focus on continuous improvement and growth in all aspects of our service.
Scope of Responsibility
To ensure that all schools, classrooms, and operational environments are attractive, clean, sanitary, and safe for students, staff and visitors.
Operations Department at a Glance
The Operations Departments' nine (9) central office employees that are responsible for the activities of:
- 34 Plant Leads
- 64 Custodians
- Facility Use
- Security teams
Facility use requests are first processed by the Operations Department before final approval and oversight at the school site level. A comprehensive look at our facility use agreements and the school connected organization handbook is currently taking place.
Operations Oversight of Facility Use
The oversight of the Operational team for Facility Use Request is limited to the processing of all facility use request for final review and implementation at the school site level.
Applicable laws, regulations, guides, and fee schedules for Facility Use Requests:
- Government Code § 38130 et seq. also known as the Civic Center Act.
- Education Code Section 38134.
- California Department of Education Regulations on calculation of fees.
- The Vista Unified School District School Connected Organizations and Facility Use Manual - coming soon!
- How to Login and Submit a Request
- Facility Usage Fee Schedule
Submit a Facility Use Request
- Internal VUSD Facility Use Request: SchoolDude Login
- Non-VUSD Facility Use Request: Facilities Use Calendar (please refer to the Documents tab for more information)
Additional Resource Files:
- Hold Harmless Agreement
- Facilities Terms and Conditions
- VUSD Insurance
- VUSD Administrative Regulation 1330 on Facility Use