Welcome to the Translator's Corner
Translation is the conversion of written information from one language into equivalent information in another language.
Aparicio and Durban, 2003
►What can the Translator’s Corner do for you?
- Gain access, through its database, to translations of documents regularly used in K-12 schools in Vista Unified School District.
- Not having to reinvent the wheel! You can access documents in English and their Spanish translation, review them, and revise them to suit your needs.
- Facilitate the implementation of California Education Code, Section 48985, which describes the specific translation responsibilities of schools and districts base on its enrollment data. For the full text of Section 48985 click here: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/pf/cm/edcode48985.asp
- Provide translators with weekly translation tips and educational false cognates.
- Links to online dictionaries, grammar and spelling Web site, and translation/language training workshop information.
►Additional Information: To contribute documents to the Translator’s Corner or if you have any questions regarding its content or translated documents, please contact the District Translator, Leslie Padilla-Williams (Phone: 760-726-2170, ext. 2346; email@example.com)