Translation through the English Learner Center's Translation and Interpretation Services is provided for documents and materials published district-wide and/or is considered critical parent information at site levels. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when preparing and submitting your translation requests in order to avoid delays.
Submitting a Request
- To obtain translation services, complete and submit a Translation Request via the IT tab work order along with the electronic file of the document(s) to be translated. Please attach only editable format files. If unsure about your specific document, please call us directly at ext. 92140. Include a due date, "ASAP" is not a due date. Please read below on same day requests.
- Service requests must be submitted at least 5-7 working days in advance. Please plan ahead, translation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All documents processed for translation purposes must contain critical information for parents about their child's education
- School sites, please make sure you've followed your site's proper procedure for translation work prior to submitting a request.
- Always ensure the English version of your file is submitted. If you're having difficulty attaching your document to the work order, please email it to: Translations@vistausd.org after you've saved the work order request and include the work order number on the subject line.
What to Expect Next
- Once your request has been received, the project will be assessed and an estimated completion date will be provided. Turnaround times for translation will depend on several factors, such as amount of text to be translated, technical vocabulary, complexity of highly formatted files, and current workload.
- Please make sure the English document you submit is the final and approved text to be translated.
- Please attach document files in Editable format only (No PDFs. or scanned copies of originals), unless they've been cleared.
- All translations will be returned in as PDF files via e-mail. Upon delivery, ELC's Translation and Interpretation Services is not responsible for the quality and accuracy of the translated document if it is altered in any way without prior approval.
- Translation of copyrighted documents will be at the discretion of the district's legal advisor.
- If an English document previously translated is revised and you need to request a revised translation, the requester must submit the revised English copy highlighting changes or additions along with the work order number of the previous translation (located on the bottom left of the translated document).
Note: For any translated document(s) or material to be sent to print shop, we HIGHLY encourage it be proofread one final time prior to printing.
Requesting a Priority Project (Urgent Notice, same day request)
Examples of "same day" urgent communication to be processed include urgent letters to parents, after school emergency or a high-priority, time-sensitive communication. Keep in mind that same-day projects still require a minimum of four (4) hours for translation.
Email/call the ELC for requesting a priority project at: firstname.lastname@example.org / ext. 92140.
Expectation for Translation Delivery:
Word Count: Regular Business Days:
If less than 1,000 words 2-4 days
1,001 - 5000 words 4-8 days
NOTE: Projects over 5,000 words will require a meeting or phone call with project management. Please call 760-726-2170 ext. 92144.
For feedback about this site please send an email to: Translations@vistausd.org
Please contact the IT Service Desk for assistance with work orders at email@example.com or ext. 92500.
Adapted from "Translation and Interpretation Services", Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District.